Thursday, 6 May 2021

Teaching on Compound Words


Teaching Compound words through Video

Overview

In this PowerPoint presentation, I chose Compound Words as my topic for grade II students. The subject is English, I developed this video by gathering all required materials from various sources. In the process of developing, I didn’t forget to integrate some of the content material. This video not only contains the content information on ‘Compound Words’ but also contains small activity.


Description on how I created the material

I created this material using the ICT tool Microsoft PowerPoint presentation. Unlike my previous materials, first thing I did was ‘brainstorming’ on the topic I have chosen for relevant grade level. I roughly made my mind map and noted down required and relevant information. Next, I scanned thoroughly on which and how many things should include in this simulation.

After listing all required things I drew some pictures and difficult to draw are being downloaded from google chrome. To make this simulation more interesting and attractive, I looked for background music. Subsequently, I planed which information should put first along with the relevant pictures. Then I insert the picture with the text and even look for relevant animations. Accordingly I also inserted my voice over on the simulation and converted to video. I was done creation of content material; I prepared a small activity for students. (It’s a guessing and writing compound words) activity. I have put six set where I have given pictures and they have to guess the new words looking at two pictures. After guessing for a minute, they have to click on the pictures and the two pictures will be slide aside. Then they will see new picture and under that there will be blank so they have to fill up with the new compound word.

When, where and how I will use this learning material in teaching and learning?

This content material will be one of the most interesting and worth learning for children. We know there are diverse learners where some learn best through auditory, some through visual, and some kinesthetic. So, to meet these needs I as a teacher will use this video during lesson development and during activity to guide them. Not only that, the develop material can be used during lesson conclusion to summarize or to reiterate the lesson that we have learned.   More over I would also prepare other more interesting activities for children. Example; I will design a bingo game, a domino game, or remember remember game for children so that they learn the best. I would also look for interesting activity like sorting and matching.

Instructions on how I am going to use this material

The main objective of the material is to put the concept of compound words and make familiarize students with the examples of creating compound words from the two different words. I as a teacher can show this own created examples and then definition of compound words.

 Lastly, preparing this simulation was worth taking a long journey. Though the journey was not easy, not sweet, but I am confident to say that it helped me in moving a step ahead in my life. ‘It was worth exploring and learning’.

THANK YOU





No comments:

Post a Comment

Teaching 2-D shapes for grade Two

Over view The world we live is a result of constant change. What might be there one day is never there the next. Look at what had happened w...