Over view
The world we live is a result of
constant change. What might be there one day is never there the next. Look at
what had happened with Covid-19.
The changes that we have all born
witness represent a significant period in our lives. For me, these changes have
been technological in their nature. With most of the world in lock-down, due to
the pandemic, people are working from home in an online format, and parents are
picking up the slack from teachers and supporting their children
Furthermore, it is important to
acknowledge that students are already interested and engaged in using
technology, this creates many amazing opportunities for schools and teachers to
benefit from integrating some forms of technology in the classroom and to make
teaching and learning more effective.
In this blog, I will be emphasizing on
teaching the grade two students on the topic 2-D shapes (shapes, sides and
vertices) under the subject mathematics. I have used the voice over ppt as the
ICT tool for teaching my students. Unlike other voice-over ppt were it consists
of information and just explaining, here I have emphasized using interesting
animations.
Creation of the teaching material
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WprzInBwh2hHbF56XbEDV4NMH94kcyVO/view?usp=sharing
If I share on how I have made my teaching material, first of all I selected the topic that intrigued me and that I thought that topic can be made interesting to my students. After that I referred teacher’s manual and text book of class two to bring connection with my chosen topic. Then I browsed internet to check related information and video tutorial as a supplementary guide to accomplish my material in fruitful one.
With the idea abstracted from
internet, I decided to make my teaching material as a video tutorial at first.
But after realizing that I have made video tutorial using Camtasia 8 in my
early post, directly I do away with the idea and made my mind set to prepare
ppt and do with voice-over.
Therefore, I prepared ppt by inserting
necessary information in the slides and even inserted animation. Inserting
animation was the biggest challenges though as I have to apply for each and
every information and to the emphasized one. Besides that the timing for
animation has to be set like when to appear and when to disappear with the
correct narrations. The background music was also inserted because at first
when I tried doing voice-over without background music, it seemed plan and
quite boring. So to bring life in my teaching learning material I immersed
using background music so that it can also boost the energy of my students
towards learning.
when it come to an activity, I have created quiz using ict tool as google form. To create quiz first we have to have Gmail account or we can either directly search google form from the website. Then from the Gmail account I went to google app and from their I chose the 'forms' and started creating quiz.
Instructions for the use of content-based material
The material will be
used while delivering the content in lesson development. It can also be used in
lesson closure to conclude the lesson. Nevertheless, the material will used by
student as and when they carry out an activity.
To use this created material, first teacher
will upload the material in Google classroom. In the session students have to
visit their google classroom and first they have to download the materials.
After downloading each student will get access to the voice over ppt. In order
to watch and listen to the ppt, first and foremost thing student have to do is
to put slide show mode. Under the ppt or on top of tool bar in desktop there is
slide show icon, so teacher will show and guide the students fully to use ict
information in the meantime of teaching subject based content.
In the Google classroom, under the uploaded
ppt there will be also one file uploaded in order to carry out an activity.
Activity instructions: For the activity, I have created Quiz on the topic that I have covered and it consist around five questions. All the questions are compulsory and it is all choosing
Click the link below to attempt quiz
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1qYbQNy2jlMQTAjztT06MxUGxSQxPjO_2xANe13WTnDs/edit?usp=sharing
No comments:
Post a Comment