Friday, 21 May 2021

Teaching letters of alphabets and the phonic of the consonants

 Teaching letters of alphabets and the phonic of the consonants 

 

Teaching letters of the alphabets and the phonics of the consonants

“A gem of a short film has a sense of pure joy in animation that is different from anything you see in a feature film and when given an opportunity, deliver excellence and never quit.” So, I created my own short teaching and learning video tutorial with my fullest interest and dedication though it wasn’t to the perfection. But I assure that it will aid my students to learn with fun.

1.      Short descriptions about the material

This video tutorial on the topic “letters of the alphabets and sounds of the consonants” for grade PP under the subject English is constructed to develop basic skills (listening, observing, speaking, writing and reading) needed in their upper grades or for their lifetime. Students will use the skills like listening, observing, speaking, writing and reading to upgrade their level as well as develop holistic development of each student with the use of these five skills.

2.      Description on how I created this materials

In the process of creation of this material, I have used some of the ICT tools such as Power Point Presentation and the different features from Power Point Presentation like shapes, animations, and effects. Nevertheless, I made best used of Camtasia 8 to produce and edit my video.

In the initial steps I have done concept mapping on the topic that my module tutor gave assigned with. After that, looking at the mapping I try to gather the pictures, background sound that suites to my rhyme, appropriate information respected to the consonants and other required materials. In the second place I have started working with the slides by organizing the information and laying my ideas on the sides. As and when I lay my ideas, I found that some pictures can be drawn by me so, I drew myself and asked my friends that whether my drawing can make sense to my students or can they really recognize the pictures and connect with the realistic things that they have already seen. To request, my friends also comment on my drawing like some looks so realistic and exact but for some drawing though you drew so beautifully with your hardest work but as it is complicated it do not look like realistic one. Reflecting and analyzing on my friends comment I omit the drawing that does not like realistic and kept only the one which looks realistic because I believe primary grade students learn betters if we could connect or show them with the realistic objects with respect to the letters or consonants that I am going to teach.

With that, I inserted relevant background music and inserted animations. Where my information can zoom in or appear as and when I wanted. For some, I have also emphasis on the important information I wanted to let my students to look carefully or to concentrate more on the emphasized one. Having emphasis on the information or any important thing is very advanced to help our students keep in focus to the lesson that we intend to impart to our students. To complete this ppt slides I took almost three days and it’s worth working. After that I recorded the video using Camtasia 8 by singing rhyme and some explanation was also done in between. Then necessary edition has done looking for the perfection. While editing video the most challenging part was my background music as it seems to be louder then the narration voice. I tried lower the background music to the level of 1% though it's still louder. 

Where, when and how am I going to use this material in the teaching and learning process

The created material will be used in the classroom teaching and learning for the grade PP while teaching “letters of the alphabets and the sounds of the consonants”. It can be also used as supplementary information to carry out activity in the class and at their working place like at home. It can also be referencing while preparing for the exam and this particular material or video can be used as their entertainment during recess hour or during pleasure time as it is rhyme with music.

As a teacher of grade PP I will use this material in the lesson introduction as an attention grabber of my students. Singing this rhyme before really going into the lesson will boost their energy and teacher can ingest energy and enthusiasm towards the topic. This material can also be used in the lesson development as well a brain break to students to refresh and get rid of the drowsiness.

Material will be presented in the class by teacher and teacher can also upload in the online class forum (goggle classroom, class Dojo telegram, WhatsApp and WeChat) whichever is convenient.

Instructions on how to use material by students

The video tutorial will be uploaded in the class Dojo. So, in order to do an activity or homework students will first down load the video. After that, watch the video till the end. At the end of the video there are few questions for students to complete. If the students are not clear about the sound or consonant letters, then always pause the video and watch again. Even pausing doesn’t work then watch the video or listen to the rhyme again and again. This is the charm of video tutorial as students have full control of the teacher like if the concept in unclear students can always rewind the video and if emergency occurs they can always pause the video and watch when they have time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teaching 2-D shapes for grade Two

Over view The world we live is a result of constant change. What might be there one day is never there the next. Look at what had happened w...