Wednesday, 31 March 2021

Teaching names of domestic animals

 

Overview

Today’s digital children think of information and communications technology (ICT) as something akin to oxygen. They expect it. It’s what they breathe, and it’s how they live. They use ICT to meet, play, date, and learn. It’s an integral part of their social life. It’s how they acknowledge each other and form their personal identities. Furthermore, at the heart of effective technology integration, technology offers opportunities to actively involve in the learning experience. With this regard, I have created learning materials aiming to achieve needs of digital generation children. The learning material is mainly focus on English subject for grade “I” on the topic “Names of Domestic Animals”


Video for lesson input.                          Activity video.


Subject: English

Topic: Names of Domestic Animals

Class: I

Activity name: Who am I?

Creation of the materials

I created short animated video on domestic animals using power point presentation initially and then converted into window media format. When developing this simple video firstly, I collected all my necessary ingredients (appropriate pictures, relevant sound, and background scenery) to add flavor to my recipe. Nevertheless, I even inserted animation and done the voice over to the slide to make it more comprehensible to my students. Further, I even included activity that can be done only using ICT tools like listening to the sound of the animal make and then identify the correct animal. This activity is in the form of quiz and very interesting activity indeed.

When, where and how to use the material

This video will be used as a lesson input where students will enjoy learning and no one cease to learn. Viewing video will boost interest of every individual because it have a tendency to seize my children towards learning irrespective of different learning abilities (visual, auditory, kin-esthetic),  and it serves as a reading materials as well. Unlike discoursing of the lesson, this material will act as teacher in lesson input where the lesson was taught through video. For this particular class teacher can even take students in ICT lab and let them play with the monitor while learning this particular topic.

Learning through video has great merits because student can listen to audio, read the wordings, and they can even pause at any time if they lost in between. It will help them not only in content comprehension but also help in development of their cognitive, emotional and effective domain. 

Instructions on how to use materials

 This material is simple and effective for primary students to use. They can be access to computer lab in school to watch the video.  Now coming to an activity, I have designed in such a way that students have to use technology gadgets like either monitor, smart phone or their I-pad/tab to do the activity. The activity is on WHO AM I?  Where student have to look at the picture and then listen to the sound of the animal by pressing on the sound button. After that student have to choose the correct name of the animal from the pictorial option given below. Besides, the interesting thing about this activity is I have created hyperlink. Example; if student’s answer is correct then the applause emoticon with applause sound will appear. If answer is wrong, the sad face emoticon with beep buzzer will appear.

THIS ACTIVITY INTENDS TO MOTIVATE THE LEARNERS.

MORE INTERESTING ACTIVITIES WILL BE UPLOADED SOON. DO ENJOY AND DON’T FORGET TO VISIT MY BLOG MONTHLY 😊..

 

Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Teaching 2-D shapes for grade Two

Over view The world we live is a result of constant change. What might be there one day is never there the next. Look at what had happened w...